It seems the older I get the less I know. I've often heard others say the same kind of thing. I've learned a lot through experiences both good and bad, mostly bad. Those seem to hit me where it counts the strongest. I have learned from the experiences of others, through personally educating myself with reading and with others teaching me. Yet it always seems, just when I thought I was becoming a little wiser, a little more grounded something happens to pull the rug out from under me.
I admit it, I am scared, I don't
Many experiences in life have caused me to withdraw because those I reached out to have basically stripped me of more than I had to give and just kept taking, without any understanding that I could literally end up without basics. I find myself becoming hardened, afraid to trust, afraid to give and yet:
deep down there is this little flame that says, don't give up hope, don't become hardened.
I'm afraid, I've been afraid much of my life. I am stupid, I guess, I don't know what is truth anymore.
I try to trust in God's promises. I can so relate to the book and story of Job, except for the restoration part. I have come to think, for me that will not come until Christ returns.
Well Satan, keep slinging your darts until you beat me down as far as you can. I will never give up my faith! I will never give up my faith.
I may struggle, I may stumble, I may not feel God carrying me, but I will always know He is there and He is God!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment